Orumieh Steel Group with the current capacity to produce over one million tons of steel products and development projects totaling 2.4 million tons of crude steel and 2.2 million tons of steel products is the largest industrial complex in Western Azerbaijan province.
Orumieh Steel Group’s subsidiary companies have a long history of active participation in major steel markets and also expanding operations into new markets and high-growth markets such as Iraq and Turkmenistan. Orumieh Steel Group has more than 500 skilled staff that with the completion of its development projects the number of employees will increase to more than 5,000 personnel. The Orumieh Steel Group’s companies are pioneers in steel products covering oil, gas and water pipe lines, automotive, construction, household appliances and etc.
Orumieh Steel Group’s developmental projects are an important step towards achieving a sustainable work environment, resulting in a superior position in the country's steel industry that has the following features:
- Scale, scope and balance of the products
- Reducing vulnerability through a variety of products
- The ability to produce approximately 2.4 million tons of crude steel and 3.2 million tons of finished products per year
- 5 manufacturing units in the country with over 5,000 personnel
- Excellent position in the production of some important products and ability to provide these products for specific customers